You need up-to-date registration in your state to legally operate your vehicle, so each year you'll need to renew it prior to its expiration date. If your expiration date is right around the corner, you've come to the right place. We'll walk you through the process of getting your car registration renewed as quickly and painlessly as possible. Just select your state and click "Get Started."
Renew your vehicle registration in Maine
How to renew your vehicle registration in Maine
The state will send you a notification in the mail letting you know when your vehicle registration expires in Maine. Click here to renew before the expiration date using the online service or you can go in person.
- Go to the Maine online services website.
- Have a credit card ready or an electronic withdrawal from your checking account can be done, depending on the form of payment that your municipality accepts.
- There is no additional fee for online renewals.
- You must have your current vehicle registration, your insurance card, your vehicle's current mileage and a printer.
Renewing in person:
- Find a BMV office in your area.
- Bring the registration renewal form, evidence of insurance along with credit card or electronic check to pay for the renewal.